Friday, September 7, 2018

2018-2019 Select Chorus Auditions!

SELECT CHORUS
AUDITIONS 2018-2019
Thank you for your interest in the MSMS Select Chorus! Auditions will be Wednesday, September 12th

A sign-up sheet is posted in the music area. Your audition will consist of 4 parts.

1. PITCH: You will sing “Happy Birthday” (Sing to anyone you want!) a capella. You may sing it any way that you like, including any vocal “stylings” you choose.

2. RHYTHM: I will chant some rhythm patterns, and you will chant them back. I am listening to see if you can keep a steady beat, and checking your musical memory.

3. TESTING YOUR “EAR”: Students in Select Chorus need to be able to hold their own part in challenging music. I will check your musical ear in a few ways.

4. MUSIC READING: I will check your ability to read music.

FAQ:

Q: I was in Select Chorus last year. Do I have to audition again?
A: Yes. ALL students need to audition for Select Chorus, even if you were in it last year.

Q: When does Select Chorus rehearse?
A: Students are pulled out of class for one one-hour rehearsal and one half hour lesson.

Q: Am I required to also be in Choral Union if I am in Select Chorus?
A: Yes, unless you are in another performing ensemble (Band or Orchestra).

Q: Can students be in both Band/Orchestra and Chorus?
A: Since Band and Choral Union meet at the same time, students must choose one or the other. Students can do Select Chorus and Band/Orchestra. Their primary Activity Block assignment will be Band/Orchestra, but they will rehearse with Choral Union the last Thursday of each month.

Q: What if I can’t read music? Can I still get in?
A: Yes! However, you will have to catch up once you get in by doing independent work at home with Mr. Mullen’s help.

Good luck!
~Mr. Mullen (email: amullen@bpsk12.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment