On Friday, September 26th, the Burlington Public Schools were recognized as one of top districts for music education in the country. As part of the celebration, we won a special two day-residency with the John Lennon tour bus, which is a mobile, state of the art recording and video studio. More info here: http://www.lennonbus.org/
In addition to interesting panels and discussions about music education, there were several performances, including the MSMS Select Chorus. We performed "Seasons of Love" along with last year's House Band. It was a wonderful reunion.
Special thanks to Mr. Middleton-Cox for being such a gracious host. (I know MSMS had more than its fair share of cookies!)
Friday, September 26, 2014
Wednesday, September 3, 2014
Welcome back MSMS Music Students!
We hope you all had a great summer, and are ready for more music making!
Some items of interest:
1. SYMPHONIC BAND AUDITIONS. Mrs. Medvitz will hold auditions on Monday, September 8th. See her for the audition music ASAP. All students should mark down "Band" on the Activity Block selection. Check out her new blog: www.mmedvitz.weebly.com
2. CONCERT BAND. Anyone who plays an instrument is welcome. No audition required. Mrs. Gendron is the conductor. Here is her blog: http://marshallsimondsconcertband.wordpress.com
3. SELECT CHORUS AUDITIONS. Mr. Mullen will hold auditions on Friday, September 5th and Monday, September 8th. See Mr. Mullen to sign up for an audition, and for an audition paper. Mr. Mullen's website: www.MisterMullen.com.
4. CHORAL UNION. Do you like to sing? Sing up for Choral Union during Activity Block! No audition necessary.
5. THE MINSTRELS. Do you play guitar, fiddle, bass, keyboard, or banjo? Our after school folk group, The Minstrels, will meet most Wednesdays from 2-3. More info to come.
We look forward to a great year of music!